Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our Site. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. If we make any material change to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site prior to such change taking effect.
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For the purpose of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Nikon Corporation of 2-15-3, Konan Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes:
- the personal data you provide when you register to use our Site, including your name, email address and country of residence;
- the personal data that may be contained in any video or other submission you upload or post to the Site;
- the personal data you provide in connection with promotions we run on the Site (e.g. bank details, government issued ID, postal address and date of birth you provide to us or our third party service provider Tipalti, Inc. in order to enable us to make any payments due to you in connection with that a promotion);
- the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Site or when we provide you with customer support; and
- the personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information From Social Networking Sites. Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites including Facebook and Google (each an “SNS”). If you connect to an SNS through our Site, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using analytics cookies. Please refer to the sections on Cookies below. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies”. Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Site which you can customise. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Site.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies|| |
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages that they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics use their own cookies.
In addition to Google Analytics’ analytics services, our Site also makes use of Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. We and our third party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (i) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website and (ii) report how your ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with the foregoing are related to your visits to the Site. In addition, we may utilize Google Analytics data, including but not limited to, geographic, demographics, and interest reporting information to recognize and understand user preferences; make improvements to our website, products, and services; and for other business purposes that will allow us to better serve you.
You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and how Google uses your data here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You can find out more information about Adobe Analytics cookies here: www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/marketing-cloud.html
You can find out more about how Adobe uses and protects your data here: www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/policy.html
You can prevent the use of Adobe Analytics relating to your use of our Site by following the instructions here: www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/opt-out.html
|Targeted and advertising cookies||These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, affiliates in our group of companies can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on our Site.|
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.|
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings”, “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognise your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Site;
- to operate and administer our Nikon Mission Awards program (including to make any payments due to you in connection with that program) and other promotions you participate in on our Site;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates, provided you have opted-in to receive such information. Such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to link or combine user information with other personal data we hold about you in our existing customer databases, as such databases may be updated from time to time;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of Personal Data” section below.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Affiliates. We may share some or all of your personal data with our affiliates, in which case we will require our affiliates to comply with this Policy. In particular, you may let us share personal data with our affiliates (i) where you wish to receive marketing communications from them (as described in the Use of Personal Data section above) and (ii) so that they can serve targeted advertisements to you on our Site (as described in the Targeted and Advertising Cookies section above).
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
When we use the term “anonymous data”, we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and to disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Site may contain links to third party websites and features (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo and Youku). When you click on such links to such third party websites and features, you are asking us to redirect you to those websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our Site, including via our Nikon Mission Awards program. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site will become public information, and will be available to other users of our Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our Site. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our Site.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organisation. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Information section below.
You may access the personal data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details in the Contact Information section below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can also contact us using the details in the Contact Information section below to delete or update your personal data or correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you. In your request, please make clear what personal data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal data that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal data provided until after the completion of such promotion).
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Site is not directed to children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in the Contact Information section below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit user generated content to our Site in connection with our Nikon Mission Awards program or other promotions, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data as necessary to administer such program or other promotions, in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such user generated content to our Site.